ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Work involves responsibility for the management of the library collection and for the provision of library services to patrons and MEI staff. Duties include digitization of the Held Archive, departmental management, and direction and administration of library activities. The work requires that the employee have thorough knowledge, skill and ability in every phase of the library field.
- Have an ALA-accredited Bachelors degree in Library Science, with experience in an academic, research or special library setting
- Understand the latest professional cataloging and classification rules, plus library processing conventions
- Thorough knowledge of MARC and non-MARC metadata content standards to support digitization and electronic resource projects
- Thorough knowledge of contemporary bibliographic-maintenance standards and practice, including the Library of Congress subject headings, OCLC/MARC records, and RDA Toolkit
- Have an ability to multitask and manage details
- Strong oral and written communication skills, strong critical thinking skills and the ability to serve a diverse population.
- Thorough knowledge of the principles and practices of library administration as applied to a research library, with the ability to supervise the work of others.
- Thorough ability in oral and written communications in either Turkish, Arabic or Farsi
- Thorough ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with superiors, subordinates, associates, officials of other agencies, and the general public.
- Thorough knowledge of cataloging in Koha open source is essential.
- Directs the operations of the Library and directly supervises the library interns.
- Evaluates and administers library programs such as circulation, reference, reader's advisory services.
- Directs the maintenance of the library collection of books, periodicals, records, DVDs and a variety of other library materials.
- Provides reference and reader's advisory services on a regular schedule to library patrons as supervisor of that department.
- Prepares various kinds of statistical reports about the library
- Directs the training and evaluate library interns in technical and administrative library skills.
- Performs related work as required.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org